Tuesday, July 30, 2013

ER

Well, we knew it'd happen eventually. We took our very first trip to the ER as parents last week. To be exact - Jarid and Owen took the trip. The kids and I went swimming at the apartment complex pool while Jarid (with the help of Peyton!) cooked dinner on the grill outside the pool area. Owen went potty in his swim diaper and well, that just creates a nasty mess. So I took him and Morgan to the bath room to change him - I put him in the shower to just wash him off. Once he was rinsed off I cleaned out his swim trunks and before I could say "be careful, it's slippery!" Owen walked out of the shower and slipped. He hit the back of head right on the raised part of the floor and cut it wide open.

He cried and was bleeding everywhere so I scooped him up in a towel with no shorts on and headed out to Jarid. I've never seen Morgan walk so carefully in her life after watching him slip! He'd stopped crying by the time we got to Jarid but it was pretty evident he'd need stitches b/c the cut was so wide.

We packed up the (thankfully cooked already!) food and headed home for clean clothes. Jarid took him by himself since it was already late and it made the most sense (even though I just wanted to BE there just because!)

They got him in right away and he even saw a pediatrician. He kept telling everyone around "boo boo!" and pointing to his head. After they checked in blood pressure he asked if they could do that to Daddy too. Jarid said he barely flinched when he got them in and they didn't even numb it! Crazy. Three staples later and he was as good as new ;) He came home showing off his hospital bracelet and the bazillion stickers they gave him.

Getting the staples out (at our regular Pedi's office)...different story. Poor guy had a crooked staple and it took some, ahem, work to get out. He was NOT a fan of the digging around in his poor little head and definitely screamed. Once she was done he hopped down off my lap and said "Thank you!" immediately followed by "done? Done?" Poor guy but, they're all out and the gash is looking great. So now if he ever decides to shave his head he'll have a "tough guy" scar. Ha.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment: