This year for Fourth of July we skipped the DC craziness and hung out local. The Washington Monument (the backdrop for the fireworks show) is under construction anyway so it wouldn't have made for the best pictures/scene. We went to our friend's house for a yummy dinner and then walked over to the park where the festivities were being held. Morgan and I made red (okay, they turned out pink..whatev) chocolate chip cookies to share with the group. Yum! The kids ran around, Peyton laid around and us adults just chatted and hung out. The fireworks show was actually really awesome for living in a *town* - I was impressed! My kids really, really love watching fireworks and hearing them say "amazing!" "wow!" "awesome!" just doesn't get old :)
This is what happens when mom says "let's take a picture"
I'm Christy. Married to Jarid. Mom to Morgan and Owen. Puppy mom to Reagan and Maggie. Former probation officer. Catholic. Happy. Well loved. Very blessed.
No comments:
Post a Comment