Saturday, December 1, 2012

Here comes Honey

My mom visited us in September. Yes, September as in three months ago. I was in the thick of my first trimester and blogging was just not a priority though. So, it's late but here's all the fun stuff we did while she was here.

Tour of D.C. of course! Saw the Capitol, Washington Monument, fed the CRAZY ducks that literally were jumping up at us for pieces of pretzel (I may or may not have screamed a bit!), saw the Lincoln memorial (my fave), and hit up one of the Smithsonian museums. The kids did a lot of cooking and baking with Honey like always. I love that certain foods remind Morgan of her since she's made them with her before :)



Morgan randomly asked to have her toenails painted while Honey was here (who doesn't paint her toes) after years of thinking it would "hurt" her. I asked my mom if she said something to her and she didn't - so it was just completely out of the blue. Ha.

 
 
 Great Country Farms. Of course. I'm pretty sure we take all visitors here. We went apple picking and it was so much fun! We got a ridiculous amount of apples and made some delicious apple crisps, apple muffins and other yummy things out of them. Honey got up with the kids on the jumping pillow and I'm not sure who had more fun.

 

I love this pic!

Honey catching air



 
 


While my mom was here Jarid and I had a date night and stayed in historical Leesburg to celebrate our 6th anniversary. It was so much fun for us to get to have a night off! We went to a few wineries (and this preggo obviously didn't drink), had a nice dinner out and stayed at an adorable B&B. The kids had so much fun with Honey making pizza, watching movies and breaking all types of rules I'm sure (ha. kidding.)


 
We went to the Udvar-Hazy flight museum and got to see the Spaceshuttle Discovery. So amazing to be that close to it. There were like 100+ airplanes and such in there so we didn't get to see them all but what we did was so awesome.

St. Anne's lake


Morgan telling Honey all she knows about dinos


DC cupcakes was high on my mom's list of things to do!
 
on our date at the winery


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment