1.Egg nog or hot chocolate? Hot chocolate! I honestly cannot believe people drink eggnog..gross!
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? As a kid they were always wrapped (with few exceptions like a bike) and my mom would put NUMBERS on them so we wouldn't know which were who's until they woke up (at a predetermined time that we waited oh so anxiously for.) But with our kids we plan to have Santa deliver presents from Jesus into the stocking only. The things under the tree are from us and we'll keep it to a max of 5 for each kiddo.
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? White. And I have silver snowflakes, red, green & white rickrack ornaments and silver ones to put on the inside of the tree to make the lights shine brighter. But I know the days are coming where we'll have an all homemade tree and that'll be fun too.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? No, but that would be fun!
5. When do you put your decorations up? I usually start the day after Thanksgiving. I want it up as long as possible!
6. What is your favorite holiday dish? Probably the brownie pie my mom always made b/c she knew I didn't like any other type of pie. Oh it's yummy!
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? Honestly my favorite memories are of me and Jeremy (and later Heather and Trent) sorting all the gifts (numbers only of course) into piles and eagerly waiting for our parents to wake up. It was probably more fun than opening them b/c it was the excitment of all the anticipation - and getting to *touch* them but not open them yet.
5. When do you put your decorations up? I usually start the day after Thanksgiving. I want it up as long as possible!
6. What is your favorite holiday dish? Probably the brownie pie my mom always made b/c she knew I didn't like any other type of pie. Oh it's yummy!
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? Honestly my favorite memories are of me and Jeremy (and later Heather and Trent) sorting all the gifts (numbers only of course) into piles and eagerly waiting for our parents to wake up. It was probably more fun than opening them b/c it was the excitment of all the anticipation - and getting to *touch* them but not open them yet.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I don't remember the exact year or details but I remember I started helping my mom wrap gifts in elementary school. Then I told Jeremy the next year. Mean big sister.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Some years we did and some we didn't. Of course we told our parents "remember, we always open a gift on Christmas Eve." I plan to give the kids their (washed) Christmas pjs to open and wear on Christmas Eve every year.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? Mentioned above. I love the way it looks all perfect and even. And on the back side (that faces the window where our neighbors can see) has all the sentimental ornaments.
11. Snow! Love it or dread it?Love it. For a bit. Ice? No thank you!
12. Can you ice skate? I'd like to answer this with a yes but the truth is it's been so many years since I have that I have NO clue.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? As a kid I always got something just super awesome each year that I couldn't wait to run and tell my best friend/next door neighbor about. As an adult I'm pretty lucky that Jarid always finds something that is that perfect mix of want and need.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? As a kid I always got something just super awesome each year that I couldn't wait to run and tell my best friend/next door neighbor about. As an adult I'm pretty lucky that Jarid always finds something that is that perfect mix of want and need.
14. What’s the most important thing about the holidays for you? Keeping Jesus as the reason for Christmas. Which, I fully admit, is difficult in this day with commercials starting in October, forever long shopping lines and seeing all these presents that you really really want to get someone.
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? Hands down brownie pie. With tons of whipped cream. My father in law makes some pretty great fudge every year too.
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? singing Happy Birthday to Jesus over His birthday cake. Also just getting together so often with friends and family.
17. What tops your tree? A snowflake to match our ornaments.
18. Which do you prefer: giving or receiving? Giving definitely.
19. Candy canes: yuck or yum? Nope but they sure look cute decorated as reindeers.
20. Favorite Christmas movie? Love Actually and the cartoon version of How The Grinch Stole Christmas.
21. Saddest Christmas song? um? Grandma got run over by a reindeer?
21. Saddest Christmas song? um? Grandma got run over by a reindeer?
22. What is your favorite Christmas song? I love singing Silent Night at church on Christmas Eve. I also love Carol of the Bells - it just sounds like Christmas to me!
Whew - that was fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment