me: (sleeping) uh huh
Jarid: just thought you'd want to know
me: (as he's leaving to watch again) don't go outside! you don't know what it is!!
Next thing I hear was the door shutting. Grrr. So I got up and sure enough he was gone. Ha. I looked out the window and about half of our neighbors were outside too so I figured it wasn't too dangerous anymore. He came back and told me a plane had crashed into an apartment two buildings over from us. What?? I saw the picture he took and wow. There really was a plane sticking out of an apartment!
So naturally I went out to see it. We could see it from our garage it was so close. Amazingly no one was killed or even severly hurt! The pilot walked out of the plane (in the apartment!) and said "looks like I landed it your apartment." Crazy. Thankfully the family went to bed early and no one was in the living room or things wouldn't have ended so well.
I guess strange things happen when you live close to Dulles!

No comments:
Post a Comment