Saturday, July 21, 2012

Cuteness update

I've said it before but I'll say it again - my kids are cute. Not perfect, but cute! They've really adjusted well to a new place and I have no worries they'll adjust when we move (again!) in a few weeks from our corporate apartment. They've been exploring the (2 bed, 2 bath) apartment and love hiding in the cabinets since they aren't child-locked and are empty - heaven for those kids!
Our time here has been pretty normal actually. Playing, reading, taking walks, swimming, and going to parks. We only had one car for the first 1.5 wks so we mostly just hung out here at the apt which was fine. Since we got the other car we've joined a play group and have gone on a few playdates with them. It's a fun group of moms and kids and we're excited to get to know them all better!
Here's some fun things the kids are doing lately. They are at really fun ages {Mo is 3 and O is 17 mo} and just love playing together!

Morgan:
- Jarid has been teaching her "Ain't no law 'round here, law dog" (which is apparently from Tombstone which I have not seen, nor do I have any intentions of seeing) and she says "sit down right here, law dog" - oh just thinking about this has me giggling

- hide and seek with a 3 yr old is hilarious. Seriously. If she's the one hiding she's yelling "I'm over here mommy!" or giggling so loud it's beyond obvious where she is. Oh man, it's fun.

- We've always said {ex:} "ok, let's take a bath and then you can watch a show. Deal?" or "we need to eat our food before we can go back and play. Got it?" so now she is very much into that role "um, I'll eat a lollipop and then I'll clean up. Deal?" or "Owen, I need that book. Got it?" Ha. Little mommy.

- She's been coaxing Owen into doing what she wants by saying "Owen, can I have that pillow? yes, yes, yes" while nodding her head until he gives it to her/does it for her.

- she is *always* asking questions in the car. Like seriously non.stop.talking. "Where are we?" "Are we going to take this path?" "mommy did you see that bird?" "Hey! Why didn't that person wave to me?" "Is Owen asleep?" "can I have that book?" "mommy did you bring my drink" (just for knowledge, not b/c she wants it) "where are we going?" (for the 100x!) Whew. That girl can TALK. I have a feeling I was quite the talker as a child too. It's adorable but kind of exhausting!

Owen:
- when you ask him for a kiss, he offers you his cheek. Ha! And he now makes kissing noises and blow kisses - oh I love it!
- he's in that stage where the last sound of a word is the longest so we hear "milkkkkkkkk" "juicccccce" "uppppppp" "pleassssssse"

- the boy can say Daddy AND Jarid but rarely (rarely!!!) says mommy. What???

- it's total monkey see, monkey do around here. If M is using a blanket, he wants one, if she's done with dinner, so is he, if she's drinking a drink, he wants his, if she's reading, he wants a book. It's really cute. I love that they have each other :)

- he loves to "count" - we play this game at bath when they're done where I say "one, two, three" and we all day "DADDY!" over and over til Jarid gets to the bathroom (ok, typing that out it sounds annoying but it's cute!) and he'll using his fingers like he's really counting with them and keeps saying "two, two, two! DADDY" (or sometimes we saying one, two, three JARID which they both find hilarious.)

- he's pointing at everything. We love that he's able to communicate better now. Even with sign language he seemed to get a lot more frustrated then we remember M being about communication.

- he looooves brushing his teeth. And he's pretty good at it! Looks like such a big boy.
__________________________________________________________________________________
There are definitely days where "system breaks down" as I like to say and one or both of the kids are not cooperating to *my* wishes but hey, they're human. Luckily those days are too too often. Owen wakes up much earlier then we'd like (7am?? Buddy, mommy likes to SLEEP!), Morgan is whiny some days (um...some days so is mommy) but all in all life is pretty normal from one day to the next. And I, for one, quite like it :)





































































1 comment:

  1. Looks like so much fun!!!!!! When Grandma Jack took you with her to the beach house one summer, she told me she had to pull into McDonalds to get you french fries to "occupy your mouth"! Six weeks from today (7/26/12) I will be seeing those little lovies and can't wait!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete