Wednesday, May 11, 2011

funnies

Since I'm on a roll (and Morgan decided to not nap today but is so tired that all she can do is watch Mickey Mouse and lean next to me) I thought I'd write out some funny things she is doing these days.

- she constantly is telling herself "thank you" when she does something like throw away her trash or make us a meal in her kitchen. She'll even say it if we had to ask her like a million times to do something and threaten the stairs (aka time out) - and she does her sign language with it.
- when both her and Owen wake up I always say "Oh I missed you while you were sleeping" (I really do...it's nuts you try to get them down for the nap and once they're down you wish they were awake again!) so now randomly she'll grab Owen's hand and say "miss you." Aww I love it!
- the other day she said I word I didn't understand so I asked her again and still didn't get it. She was not amused. I asked her to show me (she was eating in her high chair) so she just gave me a smurk and waited a full minute before saying "BUT-TER!!!" ok...I got it...the girl wanted more peanut butter. That smurk made me laugh so hard though b/c she was seriously annoyed I wasn't getting it!
- she has started to "hop" - she'll start by squatting down like a frog and say "ready, set, HOP!" and jump up one foot at a time. She is SO proud of herself when she does this!
- she has started telling her dolls/toys/the pups/occassionally us "No, uh-uh, don't" and puts her hands up in front of her. Ummm...pretty sure I taught her the hands in front of her thing for when she's "waiting" (we're working on patience and being polite...not using it for the opposite!)

me and my sweet girl!

2 comments: